- New Earth-like planets have been found! - And just in time for me to take Astronomy 101! One is a Super Earth, with a similar atmosphere as our humble abode, and the other is a bit too hot. Very cool! How soon can we get in touch with their inhabitants? How soon can I plan my next vacation to the Super Earth?
- Mercury has gone Retrograde yet again! I’m already feeling the affects… GalaDarling shows us a new perspective on making the most of this difficult and frustrating time!
- The Paris Review is the cutest literary magazine I have ever seen! I definitely want to subscribe, it is the perfect coffee table companion! They have been around since 1953! I love the design of their website and the magazine covers – so beautifully done!
- 8 College Degrees That Will Earn Your Money Back – #1. English, #2. Marketing, & #7 Information Technology. I love reading lists like this to see how I need to modify my current career path. I’m happy to see the degrees that interest me on at the top of the list! My plan is to combine all 3 into the most awesomest job ever!
- Tall people get paid more. Why I’m going to have to start wearing heels to work! Also, make-up adorned women and blondes make more $! Time for some new blush and highlights maybe?
- I’m on the right path – This list of 12 Entry-Level Jobs w/ Big Earning Potential makes me feel great about my career choices! Included is Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Copyrighter & Marketing Assistant. Graduation can’t come soon enough! Only 2 more years!
- I love finding new inspiration! – “I have started Designcollector in April 2003 as a first Russian blog dedicated to web design sites. Little did I know that it would eventually grow into a permanent place to get inspiration and catch up the recent trends in graphic design, motion-graphics, flash, web design, photography, music and fashion.” Arseny Vesnin, editor-in-chief of Designcollector magazine.
- Issue # 41 of the Web Designer Depot – Lots of great links and articles for today’s Web Designer. One of my favorite articles found there is called “Being a Web Developer” and includes lots of great information for beginning web designers! I definitely recommend subscribing to their newsletter!
- Is It Worth It? Notes on Life and Career From a Late Adman - A touching article on the dark side of advertising.
- Happy Coding! - Since I am about to embark on the journey of earning my bachelor’s degree in Web Development, I really need to start brushing up on my knowledge and skills of that side of the industry. I recently joined GitHub, and here is some information for getting started.
- Why you should take your 20s seriously - found via NubbyTwiglet’s weekly LinkLove column, is really great advice. I feel like I am in the right place since I am now 26. Makes me happy I quit drinking since my brain is still in development!
- Take Harvard and MIT classes – for FREE!- edX.org - A course from MIT would be a nice addition to my resume! A great one to start with could be “Foundations of Computer Graphics” from Berkeley.
What are some links you have loved this week?
Any must read articles you’d like to share?